A Day – Long In Person Yoga, Self Care and Relaxation
Retreat for *Healthcare Workers
Tuesday, May 11th 8:30-5 PM
At Remedy Day Spa, Albuquerque NM
with well- loved, local instructor Avery Kalapa
It’s been a long year since last Spring. And you deserve a day for healing and relaxation, time out to reflect, let go, and smile again.
Time away from the daily grind, to release the stress, recharge, relax, and fill your own cup.
Now is the perfect time to put self care at the top of your list. And this isn’t just for you – your wellness benefits your loved ones, too, and those you serve.
Join us for this gorgeous local day long Retreat.
Treat yourself to a day of much needed real rejuvenation: yoga, massage, soak and sauna.
Spring cleansing for body, mind, and spirit.
We’ve created a thoughtful container to support you:
- Enjoy 2 rejuvenating yoga sessions: an active, challenging, yet accessible and adaptive, 90 minute alignment based class in the morning in the outdoor patio yoga space, and a deeply relaxing 2 hour Restorative Yoga and Breath Workshop in the afternoon, in the beautiful indoor studio, taught by skillful, popular local instructor, Avery Kalapa, Certified Iyengar Yoga teacher.
- Savor a delicious, healthy catered lunch on the patio, and yummy drinks and snacks throughout the day.
- Each participant will receive a signature massage or comparable spa treatment on location, catered to your unique needs.
- Lean into the support of community connection, an optional art table, journaling prompts, closing and opening circles led by Avery.
- Your day will also include unstructured time to relax, lounge, soak, and sauna. Remedy staff will be available to assist you throughout.
We’ve designed this Retreat with care according to the CDC guidelines and best practices. Masks will be worn during yoga, and we’ll eat outdoors. Lunch, morning yoga, and the soaking in the hot tub will take place outside on Remedy’s peaceful, private patio.
Space is limited to just 12 participants.
Open to *Healthcare workers based in New Mexico: doctors, nurses, therapists, and social workers; hospital, long term care facility, and health clinic staff; medical techs, midwives, and other service providers in the healthcare industry.
Investment: $495 per person.
If you have any questions, use the contact form below to get in touch.
Refunds available only if your space can be filled. First come first served, reserve your space today!
Community Sponsorship: Help support our local health care providers attend this Retreat! Donate funds to help cover their Retreat by sending Avery a donation to cash app or venmo, links can be found here. Please make a note of what’s its for in the description. (Example: “Retreat donation”)
We have 3 reduced rate spots available for Black Indigenous People of Color, LGBTQIA and low income healthcare providers through Community Sponsorship. Please inquire about reduced rate participation by emailing Avery:
About your Facilitator:
Avery Kalapa is a community weaver, accessible wellness advocate, and Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher (CIYT), eRYT500, YACEP, BFA, with 20 years experience.
Celebrated for their depth of technique, knowledge of functional anatomy, enthusiasm, accessibility, clarity of purpose and joyful spirituality, their teaching reflects both reverence and gratitude for the lineage of Iyengar Yoga. Avery has travelled around the US and to India to study the therapeutic application and embodied spirituality of yoga, and has accumulated several thousands of hours of training.
Avery’s approach is rooted in how to engage with yoga for inner healing towards collective liberation. They are passionate about creating healing space inner transformation that uplifts those too often left out of mainstream yoga. They teach magical retreats, workshops, classes, and private sessions, and are involved in various yoga equity projects including organizing Albquerque Queer Trans Community Yoga. They are also an artist, organic gardener, activist, and parent to 2 amazing kids.