Yoga + Your Pelvic Floor Workshop (All Genders) with Avery Kalapa
Anatomy Asana + Breath
Join us for a fun, deep, affirming 2.5 hr workshop to discover a new framework, learn some cool anatomy, and release, strengthen and bring somatic awareness to the pelvic floor. I teach about the pelvis in a non binary way.
THIS WORKSHOP MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- It’s hard to feel whats going on down there. Your pelvis has been through a lot. but you know that connection and healing in this area could be so powerful.
- You’re dealing with pelvic pain, incontinence, prolapse, SI joint issues, sciatica, or other issues related to the pelvic floor.
- You’re curious, what the heck is mula bandha all about, anyways?
- You’ve been told you should be doing kegels, but question (or maybe should be questioning) if that’s actually helpful for you body.
- You’ve wanted to take a pelvic floor class for a while, but cringe at the thought of someone saying “female/ male pelvis” and having to deal with binary gender, dysphoria, and cis norms in a supposedly healing space. You want to learn about your body and energy in a way that affirms and uplifts.
Embodiment + awareness provide integration for our bodies, nervous systems, minds, and hearts.
The first hour of the workshop will be a slideshow (so make your self comfy) then we’ll explore movement, asana, and relaxation.
When you sign up for the workshop you’ll be emailed a confirmation email with a link to the recording.
About your teacher:
Avery Kalapa (they, them) is a yoga teacher, community weaver, organizer, CIYT, eRYT500, YACEP, BFA, with 20 years experience. They hold special certification in Yoga for the Pelvic Floor, which they completed in 2014.
Avery’s approach is rooted in antioppression: yoga for inner healing and collective liberation. They love creating healing spaces that cherish and center queer & trans folks, that don’t require assimilation.
Celebrated for their enthusiasm, accessibility, and depth of technique, their teaching reflects deep gratitude for the Iyengar Lineage. They offer a vast knowledge of integrative functional anatomy and stability that empowers their students to experience tangible, empowering transformation in body, mind and consciousness.
Avery is involved in various yoga equity projects, such as ABQ Queer Trans Community Yoga. They’re also a gardener, and parent. Avery is a white, queer, nonbinary settler grateful to live on unceded Tiwa land, in Albuquerque NM.
About My Yoga Equity Pricing System
I warmly invite you to pay a bit extra, if you can, to help cover spots in the Trans and Nonbinary edition of this workshop. If you can’t pay the angle rate but want to chip in towards this, send me donations directly, here.
Scholarship rate is for low income folks in need of healing, especially BIPOC, Queer, Trans, single parents, and/or immune compromised folks in our community. My goal with these online classes is to offer deeply accessible yoga as a nourishing practice of refuge and rejuvenation during these troubling, transformational times.
Please feel into what your needs are and decide accordingly. If you are still receiving regular income or are otherwise financially stable, please consider giving more to help cover self employed and unemployed folks. Know that I appreciate each of you, truly.
Equity scholarship price, Actual Price, Supportive Angel Price